The Geek Shock Minecraft Server IS LIVE!
Here it is. The official Geek Shock Minecraft Server is upon us. It is a modded (Attack of the B Team modpack), survival server free of charge to Geek Shock listeners (although donations may be accepted soon if you have the feels). The server has five rules:
1. No Griefing (Don’t be a dick!)
2. No stealing other people’s stuff (trust me, there’s plenty to go around)
3. If you prank someone, leave a sign so the world knows who pranked them. (Pranks highly encouraged)
4. Build away from spawn (A temporary safe zone has been created there, including a free community chest, farm and workshop. This site will later serve as a community village build)
5. PvP is allowed, but not necessarily encouraged. (Be sure to follow rule #1)
And that is it for rules. The mod pack is designed for builders and adventurers alike. You folks who normally play in creative mode can soon gain powers that will make you feel right at home. I put together this Video as a welcome to the server and some tips for maneuvering the modpack:
To join us, you first must download and install the Technic Launcher at http://www.technicpack.net/download/
Once it is installed and attached to your Minecraft account, you need to do three things:
1. Select “Attack of the B Team” from the mod selections on the left.
2. Go to the settings by clicking the gear in the upper right hand corner.
3. Change the amount of dedicated computer Ram to a value of at least 2GB. The more you can spare, the better your experience.
Then hit play!
Minecraft will load up. Don’t be alarmed if it takes longer (it may even say “Not Responding”), be patient. The modpack has over 110 mods, so it takes longer to load.
Once the game has started, go to multiplayer and add the following ip address: mc38.serverminer.com:25897
It may take a few attempts for your initial log on.
It is a whitelisted server (i.e. invite only). Those who have already given me their Minecraft User Names are already on the list. If you haven’t given me your name yet, just put it in the comments below and we will get you added. If you are uncomfortable leaving your user name in the comments, you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave server questions in either location and I will answer them to the best of my ability.
Hope to see you soon!
For a complete list of mods go to http://www.attackofthebteamwiki.com/wiki/Mod_list